Pinal County owns 139 units of Public Housing located throughout Pinal County: Maricopa, Eloy, Casa Grande, Eleven Mile Corner, Apache Junction, and Coolidge. The Public Housing units are managed and maintained by the Housing Department. Units include various bedroom sizes in single-family homes and duplexes. Rent is based on 30% of the household's income.
- Must meet HUD's income guidelines
- Complete and pass screenings: Rental History, Personal References, Criminal Background, and Sex Offender Check
- Provide Required Documentation:
- Proof of Citizenship or Eligible Immigration Status
- Social Security Cards
- Proof of income and assets
- Other documentation, as required
Pinal County Housing Department takes great pride in maintaining our units and surrounding buildings and grounds for the benefit of our clients and the neighborhoods where they are located. If a Public Housing resident should need any repairs, please call 520-866-7220 to place a work order.
If you are interested, please come into our office between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm. Monday through Thursday (excluding Holidays) to complete an application for the Waiting List.
Please be advised of the following:
- One-bedroom units are available only in Apache Junction and Eleven-Mile Corner.
- Four-bedroom units are not available in Apache Junction and Coolidge
RESIDENT OPPORTUNITY SELF-SUFFICIENCY (ROSS)
Public Housing residents are eligible to participate in the ROSS program. The purpose of the ROSS program is to promote self-sufficiency in residents and their communities by linking the residents to local resources to help meet their needs. Examples of self-sufficiency activities include but are not limited to GED, College, Financial Planning, Homeownership, Eviction prevention, etc.
Interested active Public Housing residents can call the Service Coordinator below.