Spooky season is upon us! With Halloween events beginning to kick off around the county this weekend, here are some tips from SafeKids to ensure you have a fun and safe Halloween weekend!
- Carry glow sticks or flashlights, use reflective tape or stickers on costumes and bags, and wear light colors to help kids see and be seen by drivers.
- Ensure adults join kids under age 12 for trick-or-treating.
- Slow down and be alert! Kids are excited about Halloween and may dart into the street. Turn on headlights early in the day to spot kids from further away.
- Remind kids to cross the street at corners or crosswalks.
- Don't forget about safety when selecting a costume! When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls. Choose face paint over masks when possible, masks can limit children’s vision.