How do I change the ownership of a piece of property?

Once an instrument of transfer has been placed of public record by recording, the only way to change public record is by a subsequent recording.  There are many different ways to hold title to property.  This decision may require the guidance of an attorney or title company.  The recorder’s office is not authorized to help in preparing documents or to give legal advice.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I obtain a form for recording purposes?
2. How do I change the ownership of a piece of property?
3. What is an Affidavit of Real Property Value?
4. How do I record a document and how much does it cost?
5. How do I find existing easement(s) on my property?
6. What are the requirements for recording a business name?
7. I want to remove my personal information from public record, how do I do it and am I eligible?
8. What happens to my document when it is presented for recording?
9. How do I remove a decedent's name from my deed?
10. Can I search for recorded documents via the Internet?
11. How do I get copies of recorded documents?